|Designation||National Important Cultural properties|
|Designated Date||April 6, 1929|
|Designated Date in detail|
|HomePage||Hiraizumi's Cultural Heritage|
Statue height : 242.4cm
It is a wooden, Yoseki-zukuri (joined wood-block)statue, with lacquered and gold-foiled,
The garment is painted with benigara(red oxide of iron).
It has Rahatu(Spiral shaped curly hair) carving, Chogan carving (eyes carved directly into the surface of a wooden sculpture) and Hakugo (white curled hair on forehead ) with a straight hairline.
It holds a Yakuko (a medicine jar) with left palm on the knee. And bent the right elbow and the right palm is facing outward.
It has Nou-e (garment) on the left shoulder and slightly covered the other one.
Both legs are folded with Kekka-fuza (meditation posture)with left leg facing outward.
Daiza is wooden, Mokake-za(a pedestal with hanging skirt base) is lacquer coating, and Kamachi-za( a frame base) is Shunkei-coating.
They are also renovated later.
The Halo is wooden, and has rinkou (forming a free-standing ring around the head) with hachiyou-renge (eight lotus petals) carving.
The statue was used to be in the Yakushi Hall commissioned by Kiyohira, first Fujiwara lord in 1109 , and it was relocated to its current site during Genroku period.
It keeps the most oldest form among these large Buddhist statues around Chuson-ji area.