|Designated Date||June 9,1951|
|Designated Date in detail|
|HomePage||Hiraizumi's Cultural Heritage|
4 Munafuda ( Inscription with foundation date etc. )
1 Nosatu ( Votive tablet )
6 Kyu-Kumi Koran ( Old timber of balustrades or railings )
6 Furuzai ( Old timber, recycled )
2 Kyu-kazari-kanagu ( Old metal ornament )
It was commissioned by Kiyohira, the first lord of Oshu Fujiwara Family.
It is approximately 5.5 square meter wide, single story, pyramidal roof building, and the roof is clay tile, and parallel rafters are with double eaves. Hinoki cypress is used for the main building material, and finished the timber with Yari-Kanna(a plane with long blade), and placed Mitsuto (a 3-on-1 bracket complex) on pillars. It also used the oldest style Uchikurinuki-shiki-kaerumata (frog-leg strut with open space inside). inserted between the bracket unit.
There are four sublime columns called Makibashira (decorated with cloisonne, lacquer, gold and silver dust) in all directions in the sanctuary. Amida-Nyorai statue on the Shumidan (platforms for images of divinities), Kannon and Seishi Bosatsu on the both sides, and six Jizo, two small sculptures of Jikoku and Zocho, and eleven statues on each altar steps. In this way, it recreated and manifested the Images of Pure Land and the Holly Paradise of Buddhism on earth. It is indeed an exquisite and magnificent model of Amida-do construction, using abundance of natural lacquer, gold, mother-pearl inlay and many treasures.
(Munafuda) A narrow, wooden tag measuring from 30cm to 1m long, upon which pertinent information regarding a building's repairs or reconstruction is written with brush and ink. It is inscribed with dates, the buildings' names, the donors' names, and sometimes prayers
(Nosatsu) wooden inscription of dedication