We introduce the origin of the city name. Depending on the city, there are multiple theories, so in that case we have all the theories.
- It is called "Morioka", and it is called "Morioka" in the beginning "Morigaoka" after long ago, "Morigaoka" is called "Morioka" with the meaning that "Let's rise and prosper, Mr. Nambu".
- It turned from the hill with many bushes
Miyako (Miyako) City
- From the "city" in the sense of the economic and cultural center of the closed region
- Miyako (city) import port
- Where there is a shrine in Miya (ko)
- Conversion from "port"
- Miya (field) co (land)
- In the sense of "Miyagi (Miyako)", the timber which makes a shrine or a Buddhist temple
- "Miyako" and the son of a shrine
- Abbreviation of "Miyamako" (Miyamako) and the place in the mountains
Meaning of "big boat landing"
In 2006, Mizusawa City, Esashi City, Izawa-gun, Maezawa-cho, Izawa-machi, Iikawa-mura merged, and Oshu City was born.
Hanamaki (Hanamaki) City
In the Middle Ages, it was called "Toriyagasaki".
- Because there was a ranch to produce the famous horse "Hanomaki"
- Because the Kitakami River swirled deep in the water, and in the spring the petals floated on the water and showed a beautiful scenery
- Land opened downstream in Ainu "Pana"
- In the sense of "Hana Maki", that of the delta region where rivers merge
It has changed from "Hitakami".
- Hida (Yama Hida) mosquito (place)
- Fern (high) mosquito (ground)
- Hina (夷) mosquito (place)
- Hitakami (frontier)
Named as Kitakami City in 1954 (1954), Kurosawajiri Town, Iideyo Village, Futako Village, Paruki Village, Fukuoka Village, Oniyanagi Village, Aizuki Village merged.
It is seen as the county name from the North and South morning.
- From the narrow terrain
- A place where the land has been squeezed and destroyed by sea food
- A landing site created at the mouth of the river in the sense of "Kutsu"
- A long sea sand bar lying on the estuary in the sense of "Shuzhou"
(1) The end of the closed territory, the meaning called the field of the universal name “far closed territory” called in the meaning of the depths of the closed boundary (2)
Distant field in the mountains
- Ainu To (numa) nup (field)
- Eastern field in the sense of "Tono"
- Basin of topography that was bent by turning of "Sakeno (Tawano)"
- Because it turned from "Ichinoha" and created the first "Samurai" for stopping the fortress of Kitakami River
- There are "Ichiseki" "Niseki" "Saniseki" in the city, and it is named after Hiraizumi no Sekisho
"Rikuzen" is the old country name.
- Because the Kanda of Hikamiyama, a general guardian of Kesen County, was called "Takata"
- "Takada" means "a field higher than the plains of the area", but it is also used as a good place name, not a field, but a change of "to"
- About the field with "Takata"
In 1955, Takada Town, Kesen Town, Hirota Town, Koyu Village, Yonezaki Village, Yahagi Village, Takekoma Village, Yokota Village merged. Named Rikuzentakata with the title of Rikuzen to Takadacho in Takadacho, which became the center of the merger.
- From producing many stones to make a kettle
- "A bear / cow" in Ainu (where there is a place to dry the fish)
- Ainu "Kama ・ Ushi" (where there is a flat rock)
- A stone resembling a kettle
- Kakogawa stone flowing from the mine to the city
- Kettle pot kettle
During the Heian period, fences were provided on all sides to protect Isobe-gun from the fort, and gates were set up in the east, west, north and south, and guards were placed. It is derived from the adoption of the "Syokuto Shimon" system, which places one farm in one house with a number from 1 to 9 on the gate. In 1972, Fukuoka-machi and Kanada Ichimura merged to form a municipal structure, named Ninohe City.