Omote-shi Mizusawa-ku surface alley (around Oshu city hall)
Mizusawa Castle ruins
Terrain and remains
The castle is located on the high ground of Mizusawa Terrace, and urbanization has progressed, and almost no remains can be confirmed. The Otogawa (Gomegawa), which flows from the northwest, is the northern part of the castle, and it is believed that it was used as a goods transport route as well as a water moat. The size of the castle is unknown, but imagined from the picture at that time 320 meters east and west, 400 meters north and south, the castle was divided into 4 divisions of Honmaru, Ninomaru, Minami yashiki, and 3 houses, and it was making a fortress around the castle . The Motomaru is 130 meters east to west, 110 meters north to south, and the Ninomaru adjacent to the east of the main circle is 140 meters east to west, about 150 meters north to south. The south of the Ninomaru is the Sanomaru, and there is the main entrance to the castle, the Otamon gate, and the drums on the north side of the city hall. In addition, a city natural monument in front of the city hall, Uesugi, was planted in the Sannomaru no Tochi.
The lord of the castle is Eiwa (1875-1379), and there are various theories such as Mr. Shaanishi and Mr. Hachiya (Hachiya), followed by Mr. Sasaki and Mr. Ouchi, who are members of Gen Uda. After the era of the territory of Otoshu, Toyotomi Daimyo and Kimura Yoshikiyo became the residence of Date Masamune, and Shiroishi Megumi (Shiroishimune Zane) of the Date family entered the castle in Tensei 19 (1591) ) Until 2 years, Mr. Shibata 2nd, Mr. Daisuke Ishimota (Munei) (Munei) and then Kanaya 6th year (1629), Date (Mr. Nori) Entered the castle from Kanegasaki and proceeded with the creation of a town. For the town division, the residence areas of the upper middle class and lower middle classmen were placed in "Koji", the lower middle class lower classmen's residences in Dingle, and six towns below Yanagimachi were arranged on the outer circumference. There is also a district complete with water and sewage, and a wooden mallet is excavated from below the current road. Suizawa, who was promoted to create a town by his absence, has been in the Meiji Restoration as a castle town of 16,000 stones, and many samurai residences still remain today.
About 5 minutes by car from Mizusawa Station About 15 minutes from Tohoku Suizawa IC